5 things we learned this week
What did you learn from Satisfashion UG this week? This here is your comprehensive guide to the most popular stories this week. From Aamito’s fashion week take over to the social media awards.
1. In an interview with Women’s Wear Daily, Uganda’s new supermodel talked about her impending takeover and how she would love to work with Edward Enninful of W Magazine and Anna Wintour of Vogue. The 5-foot, 11-inch model has so far walked 16 shows during this season and just yesterday she opened the Balenciaga show. Way to go Aamito!!
3. Aamito is the not the only model who made news this week, her friend Akello Patricia is making waves in South Africa. She was one of the most booked models during the Design Indaba Expo and the same happened during the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week which kicked off on Thursday. The two models are represented by Joram Model Management in Kampala.
3. Kim Kardashian’s new hairdo has caused a buzz and was the most talked about ‘thing’ after the Balmain show in Paris. Find out how the internet reacted to the new hairdo through these hilarious memes.
4. The long awaited Social Media Awards are on this evening at the Golf Course Hotel. This is the single most important night for social media enthusiasts in Uganda. What has excited Kampala people more is the fact that Nigerian singer Tiwa Sivage will be having a mini-concert at the event. The star will also be performing tomorrow (Sunday) at the Airtel Women’s Day concert. The concert will feature all the top female artistes in Uganda and will be hosted by Flavia Tumusiime.
5. There’s a new app called SafeBoda. Find out what this app can do for you here.