Have you always dreamed of a career in international fashion? Do you want to develop a high level of understanding of modern textiles? Do you want to get cutting and knowledge skills tailoring, costume design and it’s supporting industries. Perhaps Cars and big high tech machines computers and other communication devices are your thing?Here is an opportunity of a lifetime!!!
The Ministry of Education and Sports in conjunction with Operation Wealth Creation invite applications from suitably qualified Ugandan citizens to undertake a three year specialized vocational skills training in strategic industries at Shandong College of Science and Technology in China, starting September 2017.
FIELDS OF STUDY Slots
1. Modern Textile Technology – 40
2. Automotive Engineering – 05
3. Manufacturing – 05
4. Mechanical Engineering – 05
5. ICT/Communication – 05 \
1. Be a Ugandan by Nationality of 18-27 years of age
2. Be a graduate or a holder of a diploma or a certificate in any field
3. Have a strong sense to build /develop their country.
Conditions of the scholarship
1. Successful candidates will be required to pay $3000 for the first year of study.
2. These funds will cover the following items for the first year of study:
– Air ticket (To Shandong and back to Uganda after completion of studies)
– Tuition fees for one year which will cover:
· Visa/Resident permit
· Medical examination fees
3. Sunbelt Printing and Dyeing Co. Ltd under their China based Weifang Hua Teng group has committed to cater for all these expenses in the subsequent years of study.
PROCEDURE OF APPLICATION
An application letter indicating age, sex, course, home district, telephone contact, email address and a recent passport photograph; together with photocopies of academic certificates should be addressed to:
Central Scholarships Committee
Ministry of Education and Sports
Higher Education Department
And hand delivered to:
Higher Education and Training Department
3rd Floor, Legacy Towers
For any inquires contact: Nellie Florence Okullo on tel no 0776626708/0701626708
To reach not later than 14th August 2017
The shortlist will be displayed on the Ministry of Education and Sports Website: www.education.go.ug
and on Ministry Notice Boards at Embassy House and Legacy Towers 3rd Floor on 18th August 2017