Who Is The Fairest African Beauty At Miss World This Year?
With beautiful and talented women from over 100 countries, the Miss World 2016 competition has officially kicked off!
Miss World 2016, will be the 66th edition of the Miss World pageant, It will be held on 18 December 2016 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, United States just south of Washington, D.C.
119 contestants from all over the world will compete for the crown. This is the second time that the United States will host the pageant. Mireia Lalaguna of Spain will crown her successor at the end of the event.
Here’s a chance to meet ALL the African beauty queens who will be competing for the Miss World crown this year.
Things to note:
- Nigeria’s rep, Debbie Collins, Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria MBGN Universe 2015 was appointed to compete at Miss World 2016 by Silverbird Group, the license holder for Miss World in Nigeria after MBGN 2016 pageant was canceled because of the current economic recession. Debbie represented Ebonyi State at MBGN 2015 and was the 1st runner-up at the pageant.
- Evelyn Njambi replaced Roshanara Ebrahim, Miss World Kenya 2016 after she was stripped of her title by Terry Muigai, the national director of Miss World Kenya pageant for the breach of code of conduct stipulated in her contract. Njambi represented Kiambu County at the Miss World Kenya 2016 and was crowned the 1st runner-up at the pageant.
- Lebakile Mokhohlane the original winner of Miss Lesotho 2016 pageant declined to participate at Miss World 2016 pageant due to her study commitments hence Rethabile Tsosane was appointed to replace Mokhohlane. Tsosane was the 4th runner-up at Miss Lesotho 2016 pageant and had also won the Top Model award.
- Julia Nguimfack, Miss Cameroon 2016 will not compete in this edition due to a visa problem.
- Miss Gabon 2016 pageant was postponed due to the political turmoil and unrest in the country that followed after the general elections therefore there is no representative for this year.
- Miss Zimbabwe Trust chairperson, Mary Chiwenga, canceled the 2016 edition of Miss Zimbabwe pageant due to “lack of quality candidates to compete at an international level”.
Name: Thata Kenosi
Bio: “On behalf of my people, I open my heart to you all as I welcome you to join me on this exiting journey in my life.”
Name: Esther Emmanuelle Memel
Bio: “Akwaba (Welcome) to my beloved country! I will try to show you all the wonders and treasures we have.”